• The most versatile and cost-effective heavy-duty packaging solution
• Carefully selected range of box sizes for e-commerce businesses
• 100% recyclable boxes made from recycled paper
Our double wall cardboard boxes are a versatile and reliable shipping solution. The double flutes provide extra-cushioning to help protect your fragile objects from shocks and allowing you to ship heavier items. Choose from our wide range of size options and find the right double wall cardboard box for your products.
Heavy or fragile items need extra protection during shipping to make sure they reach their destination in pristine condition. Our double wall cardboard boxes are durable and versatile, offering more cushioning than single wall boxes. Boxes are designed to shield products against drops, shakes and – most importantly – side impacts while moving on conveyor belts.
DS Smith’s double wall boxes feature two layers of resilient cardboard fluting, each wall with a thickness of 5 mm. Choose from our wide range of sizes, and find the right double wall cardboard box for your products.
- Packing, shipping and storing parcels for a recommended maximum weight up to 15 Kg, and up to 10 Kg if sent on pallets. But this recommendation may vary depending on the nature of the product and the void fill or protective material used. It also may vary depending on the shipping method used.
- Box thickness of 5 mm with a brown cardboard recycled paper quality up to 100gsm
- All dimensions shown are internal dimensions
- 100% recyclable corrugated board made from recycled fibers
- Some dimensions are multi-scored, helping you to reduce their height
Benefits of Double Wall Boxes
Ideal for heavy loads or delicate products:Double walled cardboard boxes can support a weight of up to 15 Kg, depending on the type of product being shipped, and the void fill used. The heavy-duty walls safeguard fragile items against bumps and shakes that can cause damage. Each box is made up of five layers – an outer layer of paper + a layer of flute + a layer of paper + another layer of flute + an outer layer of paper.
Environmentally friendlyOur double wall boxes are made from 100% recycled paper, and they are completely recyclable after use. DS Smith is a leading supplier of sustainable packaging solutions. We produce boxes for our customers, collect them once they have been used and recycle them back into more boxes. It takes only two weeks for paper fibre to move around our business, and we handle over 5 million tonnes every year. That is the weight of 25,000 jumbo jets!
Made to be used and reusedNot only are our double wall boxes recyclable, but they’re also sturdy enough to be reused multiple times. Double walled boxes can hold up through several shipping and storage cycles, saving your business money and waste over time.
Available in assorted sizesWe carry double wall cardboard boxes in a range of 19 sizes, carefully selected to suit the needs of e-commerce businesses. Some dimensions are multi-scored, allowing you to reduce their height.
When should you use double wall cardboard boxes?
Double wall boxes are a good fit for many different e-commerce shipping and storage needs:
- Shipping heavy items
- Shipping breakable items that need additional protection
- Storing stacked boxes; for example, on a fully loaded pallet, the bottom layer of boxes must be able to bear the entire weight of the boxes above them
Durability Testing with DISCS™
DISCS ™ is DS Smith testing process that determines whether packs can survive the bumps and scrapes of the average e-commerce supply chain. Online orders sometimes need to survive up to 50 touch points, so choosing the right pack is an important decision.
If you would like the security of knowing that your boxes will fully protect your product, please contact our Customer Service. We can offer you a DISCS ™ test for your product. Get in touch with us by phone at 0808 1691 030 or e-mail at , and we’ll send you a quotation.
Are you interested in ordering larger quantities of our double wall boxes?
Please fill out the form and we will get back to you with a quotation.